Note: The Human Cloning Foundation does not have the resources to check the factual accuracy of all the essays that it publishes. The reader must do fact checking on his or her own.
- NEW! Cloning Humans is Beneficial by Tae. Hoon H.
- NEW!Walter Payton, Cloning, and Transplants; and My Kidneys by Shauna Carroll Anderson
- NEW! Do Not Ban Cloning by Kenny H.
- NEW! In Support of the Argument for Human Cloning by John Greeney
- NEW! Cloning the Human Race: The Importance and Advantages of Cloning Technology by Seah Nili
- NEW! Should Cloning be Banned? byMichelle Halby
- NEW! What is Mammalian Cloning and Why It May Be Important by Barry Evans
- NEW! Cloning is Beneficial to Humanity by Adam Fox
- NEW! Death, the Final Frontier by Charles Dunn
- NEW!Cloning and Overpopulation - Not a Problem! by Stephanie
- Human cloning from a sensitive male point of view by Mihailo Alic
- Cloning for Bioethicists byJosé F. Jaramillo Vásquez
- Revolted by Bioethicists by Hank H.
- Cloning for Medical Purposes by Gabby
- The Human Cloning Question: To Do, or Not to DO by Miguel Hernandez IV
- Cloning Earth's Life byJosé F. Jaramillo Vásquez (this essay contains fantastic graphics so it is slower to download)
- Human Cloning: A Promising Cornucopia by Randolfe H. Wicker
- Cloning: It Will Happen by Bradley J. Seward
- The Power of Cloning by David Jose Guillen
- Human Cloning Should be Permitted by David B.
- Cloning to be or not to be by Seth Kelso
- Cloning is ethical depending on how it's used by Stephanie H.
- Cloning Essays by Ben B.
- Why Cloning Should be Legal by Alexa Elrod
- Should Human Cloning Be Allowed? by LiShing L.
- Cloning Cloning by Jill W.
- The Human Cloning Controversy by Dani D.
- James H.'s Essay in Support of Human Cloning
- Joe P.'sPro-Human Cloning Essay
- Tony C.'s Pro-Human Cloning Essay
- Scarlet fever prevents baby, please help me to have a genetically related baby
- The Science, Ethics, and Benefits of Human Cloning
- The Staggering Benefits of Human Cloning by Shi-Yi K.
- Kevin M.'s Pro-Human Cloning Essay
- Essay byK. Razdan, Ph.D.
- Esmaeili's Pro-Human Cloning Essay
- Human Cloning Should Not Be Bannedby Jason B.
- Jason K.'sPro-Human Cloning Essay
- Human Cloning: the Scientific Revolution of the Future by Tom W.
- Kevin's Human Cloning Essay
- Vincent's Pro-Human Cloning Essay
- Cloning: The Medicine of the New Millenium
- Why Cloning Should not be Banned
- It's unethical to ban human cloning!
- Let Them Go! Let Them Grow!
- A woman has no viable eggs, her husband explains why this couple is in favor of human cloning
- She Wants to have a Clone
- Lloyd's Pro-Cloning Essay
- Tim's Pro-Cloning Essay
- Greg's Pro-Cloning Essay
- B. Priestley's Pro-Cloning Essay
- Chris's Pro-Cloning Essay
- Lloyd's Second Pro-Cloning Essay
- Sean's Pro-Cloning Essay
- Austin's Pro-Cloning Essay
- Mike's Pro-Cloning and Life Perfection Essay
- Can Cloning Help Silvia?
Register with the Human Cloning Foundation!
The first cloned human embryo
The benefits of human cloning
All the reasons why we should clone human beings
The three ways to clone mammals!
Help for students writing essays or doing projects
Essays supporting human cloning published by the HCF
Prominent people in support of human cloning!
Organizations that support human cloning
The Human Cloning Foundation and Dr. Richard Seed
Essays supporting human cloning written by the HCF
Publish your pro-cloning essay here
Best scientific, medical, and legal articles on human cloning
Books about human cloning (nonfiction)
Books about human cloning (fiction)
Books about DNA
Books about infertility
Books about genetics and genetic engineering
Movies that deal with human cloning or related topics
Links to other web sites in support of human cloning
Link exchange program
Storing DNA for cloning
About the Human Cloning Foundation
Contact the Human Cloning Foundation
The HCF Bookworm's Bookstore
This webpage was created 8/3/98.Updated 10/5/98.Updated 12/1/1998. Updated 03/11/1999. Updated 04/09/1999. Updated 06/13/99. Updated 07/17/1999. Updated 07/25/99. Updated 11/29/99. Updated 01/05/2000.
Pros and Cons of Human Cloning
Perchance, every human being believes that it would be intriguing to have a clone or complete look alike. This is probably why researchers and scientists have invested a lot of resources in cloning activities. However, a lot of controversy surrounds this form of technology. First, there is evidence showing that clones are not healthy. They are bound to have a lot of genetic defects. This will make them unstable and they cannot live for a long time. It would be morally wrong to encourage the development of such technology.
Secondly, cloning attacks the uniqueness of the human genetic makeup. Cloning would imply that human beings are not that special and that they can be recreated any time. Cloning will also increase criminal activity. People will either use clones to perform such activities or clone people unwillingly. Again, religious people believe that cloning is morally wrong. They argue that cloning is akin to creating a human being. This is the work of a supernatural creature and not human beings.
Those who insist on cloning state that it is the only form of technology that will enable human beings to replace people who have died. In other words, human beings will be able to live forever. Furthermore, this form of technology will enable the world to have access to people who have made notable contributions to several generations. For example, it would have allowed people like Albert Einstein to live forever. This will offer a more effective and longer life which equals an even greater contribution. The medical benefits of cloning have also been used to advocate for it. For instance, there has been evidence that cloning will produce tissues that can be used to research on life threatening diseases.
In another instance, this technology will revolutionize the field of fertility and reproduction. It can be used for reproduction by allowing infertile couples to have their own children. Those who wish to be parents without the conventional methods will also be able to have their children. The benefits of cloning are quite attractive and pleasant. Cloning will enable human beings to alleviate most of the problems that affect human beings. However, the risk seems too high especially if this will endanger the lives of people. This form of technology can allow human beings to achieve exceptional things in all fields. In case it is adopted, it should be utilized with a lot of caution.