How To Come Up With The Best Topic Idea For An Illustration Essay
Illustration essays are popular choices with instructors today because of the fact that they are simple projects that prove a basic point. If a student can write a content essay like this, they can write anything. Before you can prove to your instructor that you can actually write an illustration essay, you do need a topic and the better the topic, the better the paper will be.
When you choose your paper topic, consider if the paper will be improved by including an actual illustration. If the graphic will add to the paper, then the essay topic is a good choice. This means you can add an illustration or a chart or graph to the essay to help prove your point.
Another important condition of choosing a great topic is how much you know about it. If you have to write about a book, you should read the book, because your paper will show how much you know. If you have to write about a historical event, then you should research it. This assignment is difficult to write fluff for because it is so brief in nature. The short essay will need to be full of facts and not much else.
Here are a few topics that are relatively easy to write about:
- How do you take care of an unusual pet?
- Are smartphones more important to people than their home computers?
- How do you go about losing weight?
- Cigarette smoking is banned almost everywhere, should e-cigarettes be banned, too?
- What hobbies can turn into moneymaking ventures?
- What are the best clothes for different body types?
- What are the best vacation spots in the United States?
- Who are the most liked leaders in the world today?
- What are the different types of wine and what makes them different from each other?
- What is the best way for you to learn?
- How can you entertain yourself without using technology?
- How do you determine if a book is good?
- How do you know if art is good?
- What makes things go wrong?
- What is the best job that you could imagine?
- How can bullying be stopped at your school?
- What is the best way to write an outline?
- How involved should the government be when it comes to planning school policy and curriculum?
- How should a sports league choose its all-stars?
- When a movie has a sequel, how do you know when there are too many sequels?
Henry David Thoreau once said, “If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. However, do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see.” In terms of academic writing, this phrase means being able to draw visual images with the help of words. What is an illustration essay? An illustration essay is what best describes a paper written to create a picture in the reader’s mind and deliver the target message more effectively. In this article, we will discuss the meaning, topic, and several examples of the illustration essay.
GET A WINNING HOMEWORK ESSAY
Would you like an expert to help you with your academic writing? Do not miss a unique opportunity to buy custom illustration essays from the top writing company.
Illustration Essay Definition & Usage
A student may ask, “What is an illustration essay”? It is a logical question. This genre of writing is rare compared to argumentative, persuasive, compare & contrast, or narrative papers. Illustration essay interprets specific situation/person/object by providing certain examples and different details to let the reader understand the selected topic broader. To understand different types of academic essays better, you may like the website full of free essay examples.
Here is the list of illustrative essay examples. Choose the topic without conducting research!
- Use specific sports terms to illustrate how to swim a stroke in Olympic swimming, dive, or demonstrate other abilities in the water.
- Explain how dancing/acting on the stage is different from the high school cheerleading; what is a higher art?
- Discuss why a sports team of your preference (basketball, football) is underrated; why the soccer team you dislike is overrated.
- Illustrate the stages a college applicant should take in writing a winning college entrance essay to join the target educational institution.
- Share how you managed to survive your first year in college with your readers by writing several effective tips from your experience.
- Explain how you used to flirt with the opposite gender correctly to avoid being a part of the “friendship zone.”
Work & Career
- Show the way professional scientists conduct research by describing every required step in details.
- Explain what an HR manager does; write down several examples from your personal interaction with the representatives of this profession.
- Illustrate what a chief from the prestigious restaurant downtown does to cook the dish of the day (e.g., a deer).
- List & explain the features of a good business writing (e.g., make a list of the winning professional terms/keywords, which helped you to pass a job interview).
- Write about the city, which used to survive some natural disaster (an earthquake, tsunami, tornado, hurricane, etc).
- The topic on how society can support children who became the victims of school bullying/hate crimes/home violence.
How to Write an Illustration Essay
Writing an essay is made of five basic steps. Before writing your paper, decide on the most effective title.
Step 1: Identify the object of your writing (a.k.a. the main illustrative essay topic) and write a powerful thesis statement, which will impress both the teacher and entire reading audience. Help your reader to understand your topic ahead. Pick minimum three keywords/points to explain why you believe/deny the specific idea - this sentence is your thesis statement.
Example: “Gender stereotypes exist in the professional world. Many business companies prefer having men as their CEOs.”
Step 2: You are almost done with your introduction paragraph. Keep on writing what you are going to share with the reader, and provide reasons for choosing a particular topic. Start the first paragraph with the hooking sentence. Several types of the hooks exist to consider: direct quote, poetry line, metaphor, simile, joke, fact, etc. This technique will grab the reader’s attention from the first line of the essay. [Learn here how to write an analytical essay]
ORDER YOUR A+ ESSAY FROM US
Step 3: Your illustration essay should be supported by the good outline (an essay outline serves as the action plan for your writing from cover to cover). Keep on writing a paragraph supporting each reason why you chose a specific essay topic until you get three good reasons.
Example: “Last time I attended a job interview, I have lost my place to Mr. Green, and the only ‘good’ reason the local HR told me is he believes women do not possess powerful marketing ideas to help their company”.
Step 4: It is the easiest step in the essay writing. The writer must list three points explaining why he chose the specific illustration topic/example at the beginning of each sentence, and then support it with the meaningful evidence retrieved from the research.
Step 5: After writing a conclusion, a professional writer would like to double-check the entire essay for the following mistakes:
- Grammar & spelling
- Plagiarism & other small issues
Even if you know how to write an illustration essay perfectly, do not ignore the stage of proofreading & editing, or hire professional online editors to check your final paper.
Types of Examples You May Use to Support an Illustration Essay Thesis
To answer, “what is an illustration essay,” the student must realize the importance of examples taken from personal experience. You should support an illustration essay with the vivid examples from your personal experience. Use several good methods to get inspired: personal observation, interviews, experience, & media.
A personal observation requires observing different locations related to your chosen topic. Do not forget to take notes explaining your impressions through five human senses.
An interview means having a face-to-face conversation with people who are experts in the fields connected with your topic. These people can share exciting examples so that your writing will stand out from the rest of the papers. Conduct a research to prepare a list of related questions before contacting the people of your interest.
Recall your personal experience to include in your writing. Personal memories are a good source of ideas you can share with the readers to support the main argument. Research & look at some images to jog your memory. Write every topic detail you remember from your personal life experience; do not forget to include sensory expressions & comments from other people. Let the adjectives and adverbs help you with your writing.
Media is one of the most useful sources of ideas & examples in the modern world. Spend some time on social networks (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram) where people of all types share their experience by writing meaningful posts or publishing interesting videos. Pick the best topic examples for your illustration essay from the following sources:
We hope that after reading the article from the market specialists, you understand the answer to the questions like, “What does illustrate mean in an essay?” If you want more illustration essay examples, help with the research, or good points to catch the reader’s eye, we have a solution. Just make an order! Go to the official academic writing service’s website to get the top-notch papers at affordable prices!
Seeking professional writing guidance? – This is just the right place!